Why do teeth get chipped or broken?
A person may end up breaking or chipping his teeth in a number of ways. The most common reasons for teeth that are broken or chipped are falling flat on face, getting injured during contact sports, accidents, biting something too hard etc. However, chips and breaks in teeth are also caused by dental cavities (decay), or worn-out fillings that are no longer able to effectively support the tooth.
How to fix a broken or chipped tooth?
Here at Guardian Dental Care, we assure you a complete treatment for your broken or chipped tooth/teeth so that your teeth seem as good as new. Here are a number of treatments which may be considered by individuals suffering from damaged teeth.
1. In case of front teeth, the dentist might make use of veneers in order to restore the outer appearance of teeth.
2. If the tooth pulp is damaged or decayed, a root canal procedure may be performed to avoid infections in the future.
3. A dental crown may be fitted to the damaged tooth in order to restore its strength along with its original shape and appearance.
4. In case of a small chip in a tooth, the dentist may treat it through a small tooth coloured filling.
Things to avoid:
1. Stay away from food that is difficult to chew.
2. Try not to cut your tongue or cheek on the jagged edge of the damaged tooth.
3. Take over-the-counter pain medication if necessary.
4. See a dentist as soon as possible.
We, at Guardian Dental Care assure you a complete recovery from all your teeth issuesthrough proper care and treatment so that you can live your life without any worry.
...or fill in the form on our Appointments page: